Terms of Service
Last Update: March 21, 2017
Here is stated the “Terms of Service” by which you may use CatholicJobMarket.com (the “Web Site”), also known as Catholic Job Market, or CJM. Catholic Job Market is a division of Dumb Ox Creative, a limited liability company. Please be sure to read this page carefully. If you do not agree or accept the Terms of Service on this page, please refrain from using this Web Site and its services. By using this Web Site, you are binding yourself to these Terms of Service. CatholicJobMarket.com (the “Company”) reserves the right to make revisions to these Terms of Service at any time by updating the content on this page. Be sure to check this page periodically to stay up-to-date with the current Terms of Service. Please note, the terms “You” and “User” apply to all individuals and/or entities who willfully access this Web Site for any reason.
Use of Web Site Content
The use of the contents of this Web Site is strictly prohibited. The use of all content, including text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software and other content, on other websites besides Catholic Job Market is strictly prohibited and is protected under the United States and international copyright and trademark laws. All Web Site Content is the property of Catholic Job Market or the content suppliers or clients. The unauthorized use of the Web Site Content violates copyright and trademark laws. The content of this Web Site may not be sold, modified or reproduced, displayed, publicly performed, distributed, or otherwise used in any way for public or commercial use. The copy or HTML code used by Catholic Job Market to create its content or the pages making up the Web Site is also protected by copyright and trademark laws.
Acceptable Site Use
Account holders and users may not use the Web Site to submit, distribute, store or delete material, including without limitation Web Site Content, (a) that is in direct violation of applicable copyright law, (b) that infringes the copyright or trademark of the intellectual property rights of others, (c) that which violates the privacy, publicity or personal rights of others, (d) that is offensive, profane, abusive, disrespectful or of an unprofessional nature, (e) that subverts, conflicts, or advocates for teachings that are in direct conflict with the teachings of the Catholic Church or (f) that solicits a response to a ministry, business or organization that is not “Catholic in nature,” as solely determined by Catholic Job Market.
Specific Prohibited Uses
The Web Site may be used lawfully by individuals seeking employment and employers seeking to hire. Catholic Job Market strictly prohibits the use of CatholicJobMarket.com, and all users agree not to use the Web Site, for any of the following:
- Submitting false, inaccurate or incomplete information which is not true to your own resume or job posting.
- Submitting franchise, pyramid scheme, “club membership”, distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement or other business opportunities that require up-front or payments based on a continuum cycle, pays commissions only (except for job postings that clearly indicate that the available position pays commission only and clearly states the product or service that would be sold by the job seeker, in which case such listings are permitted), requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents.
- Deleting or revising any material posted by any other person or entity without proper consent by the account holder.
- Using any device, software or technique to interfere with the proper operation of this Web Site or the services being rendered on this site.
- Inflicting an unreasonable or disproportionate load on this Web Site’s infrastructure. If you have a password allowing access to a non-public area of this Web Site, disclosing to or sharing your password with any third parties or using your password for any unauthorized purpose.
- Utilizing any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to scrape, navigate or search this Web Site in addition to the search engine and search fields made available by the Company on this Web Site and other than widely available third-party browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome).
- Decrypting, deconstructing, disassembling or altering the software of this Web Site in any way that is contradictory to its intended purpose.
- Collating or duplicating the Web Site Content or information available from the Web Site in any manner.
- Framing of or linking to any of the Web Site Content or information available from the Web Site.
As a user, you are responsible for your own postings and for the consequences of their posting. You must not, and by using this Web Site you agree not to, do the following things:
- promote or solicit a response to a business or organization that is not “Catholic in nature,” as solely determined by Catholic Job Market; post material that undermines, contradicts, or promotes teachings in opposition to the teachings of the Catholic Church as interpreted by Catholic Job Market;
- post material that is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it;
- post material that reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner;
- post material that infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, libelous, or embarrassing to another user or any other person or entity;
- post a sexually-explicit image or statement;
- post advertisements or solicitations of business, post chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- impersonate another person;
- or post material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
Catholic Job Market does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of the job and resumes listings posted by users or endorse any opinions expressed by users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at your own risk.
Catholic Job Market acts as a passive conduit for the online distribution and publication of user-submitted information and has no obligation to screen communications or information in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring material posted by users. If notified by a user of communications which allegedly do not conform to these Terms of Service, the Company may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of the communication. The Company has no liability or responsibility to users for performance or nonperformance of such activities. The Company reserves the right to expel users and prevent their further access to the Web Site for violating the Terms and Conditions or the law and the right to remove communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive. The Company may take any action with respect to user-submitted information that it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if it believes it may create liability for the Company or may cause the Company to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its ISPs or other suppliers.
By submitting content to any public or non-public area of the Web Site, including message boards, forums, contests and chat rooms, you grant the Company and its affiliates the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. You also warrant that the holder of any rights, including moral rights in such content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. You also permit any subscriber to access, display, view, store and reproduce such content for personal use. Subject to the foregoing, the owner of such content placed on the Web Site retains any and all rights that may exist in such content.
Any links contained in a job listing submitted by the User will be disabled and may be removed when such job listing is posted or later found on CatholicJobMarket.com.
We appreciate hearing from our customers and welcome your comments regarding the Company’s services. Please be advised, however, that our policy does not permit us to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, inventions or materials other than those which we have specifically requested. While we do value your feedback on our services, please be specific in your comments regarding our services and do not submit creative ideas, inventions, suggestions, or materials. If, despite our request, you send us creative suggestions, ideas, drawings, concepts, inventions, or other information (collectively the “Submission”), the Submission shall be the property of the Company. None of the Submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on our part and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submission. The Company shall own exclusively all now known or later discovered rights to the Submission and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submission for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or any other person who submitted the Submission.
Registration and Password
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your registration or password.
Links to Other Sites
The Web Site contains links to third party web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by the Company of the contents on such third-party Web sites. The Company is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party Web sites. If you decide to access linked third party web sites, you do so at your own risk.
Reporting Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been uploaded, posted or copied to this Web Site and is accessible on this Web Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify us by providing our designated copyright agent with the following information:
- The physical or electronic signature of either the copyright owner or of a person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed, and a description of the activity that you claim to be infringing;
- Identification of the URL or other specific location on this web site where the material or activity you claim to be infringing is located or is occurring; you must include enough information to allow us to locate the material or the activity;
- Your name, address, telephone number and, if you have one, your email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use on the web site of the copyrighted work in the manner you are complaining of is not authorized by the copyright owner, any agent of the copyright owner, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information you have provided in your notice is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
To report claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement on our Web Site, you can contact the Company as follows:
Policy Regarding Termination of Users and Account Holders
Catholic Job Market asks our users, account holders and content partners to respect the intellectual property of others. The unauthorized reproduction, copying, distribution, modification, public display or public performance of copyrighted works constitutes infringement of the copyright owner’s rights. As a condition to your use of this Web Site, you must agree not to use the Web Site to infringe the intellectual property rights of others in any way. To ensure that all users respect the intellectual property of other, we will automatically terminate the accounts of account holders, and block access to our Web Site of any users who are repeat offenders of the copyright, or intellectual property rights, of others. We reserve the right to take these actions at our sole discretion, with or without notice, and without any liability to the account holder who is terminated or to the user whose access is being blocked.
The Company’s Liability
Catholic Job Market is only a platform. This Web Site acts as a platform for employers to post job listings and candidates to post resumes. The Company is not involved in the actual transaction between employers and candidates. As a result, the Company has no control over the quality, safety or legality of the jobs or resumes posted, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of employers to offer job opportunities to candidates or the ability of candidates to fill job openings. In addition, note that there are risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with strangers, foreign nationals, underage persons or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the Web Site. Because user authentication on the Internet is difficult, the Company cannot and does not confirm that each user is who they claim to be. Because we do not and cannot be involved in user-to-user dealings or control the behavior of participants on CatholicJobMarket.com, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release the Company (and our agents and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential, direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code d1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
We are under no legal obligation to, and generally do not, control the information provided by other users which is made available through the Web Site. By its very nature, other people’s information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabeled or deceptively labeled. We expect that you will use caution and common sense when using this Web Site.
The Web Site Content may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. The Company makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Web Site Content. The use of the Web Site and the Web Site Content is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the Web Site and may be made at any time.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any resume or material contained therein placed by you on the Web Site. Employers are solely responsible for their job listings, company information, or other postings on the Web Site.
The Company is not to be considered an employer with respect to your use of the Web Site and the Company shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason made, made by any entity posting jobs on the Web Site.
THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEB SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE WEB SITE AND ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE OR THE MATERIAL RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
THE WEB SITE AND WEB SITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. THE COMPANY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE MATERIAL, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
Disclaimer of Consequential Damages
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE WEB SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEB SITE AND THE MATERIAL, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Limitation of Liability
THE COMPANY’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEB SITE OR YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE CONTENT, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED $100.
Termination for Breach of Terms and Conditions
The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including but not limited to deletion of your postings from this Web Site and immediate termination of your registration with or ability to access the Web Site and/or any other service provided to you by the Company, upon any breach by you of these Terms of Service or if the Company is unable to verify or authenticate any information you submit to the Web Site.
Termination for Any Reason
The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to delete any or all of your postings from this Web Site, and/or to terminate your account, for any reason, at any time. The Company may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Web Site, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Web Site may be effected without prior notice. Further, you agree that the Company shall not be liable to you or any third-party for the removal of your postings or for the termination of your access to the Web Site.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from any material you provide to a Web Site, any Web Site Content that you use or your breach of the terms of these Terms and Conditions. The Company shall provide notice to You promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist You, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
Please report any violations of these Terms of Service to email@example.com.